Wednesday 24 February 2016

Research for a superhero comedy

Research for a superhero comedy
Group: Josh and Aidan

I chose comedy because I thought it would be easier to film as there isn't as much choreography as in action movies but we need to make sure its funny otherwise the movie would be a bust.

 For reference I've watched a lot of Simon Pegg movies as he is the funniest british actor there is in my opinion.

A superhero comedy that I took a lot of inspiration from was the Deadpool movie as the humour in that movie was god with physical slap-stick and verbal comedy, the fourth wall breaks in it were funny as well.
For example the fourth wall humours definitely something we can do very easily as he would either mess with the camera or talk to/address the audience.
The superhero aspect was good as well because his whole backstory is; "I'm Wade Wilson, I'm  a mercenary, I got married, I got cancer and became a mutant superhero to cure it. Now I'm Deadpool!"
The first 4th of the movie was just Wade (Deadpool) living his normal life, so we'll probably go down that route.

Deadpool was also the narrator which was funny as well, so we'll definitely use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment